About this course
This annual conference reviews and comments on a selected number of judicial decisions issued by the Court of Justice of the European Union during the past 12 months. These judicial decisions are significant:
- in offering a first-time interpretation on certain EU legal instruments;
- for giving new meaning to existing legal rules;
- on adapting or re-examining past jurisprudence.
The program of this new edition will feature a number of key decisions in the field of the Rule of Law, the configuration of the EU legal system, EU procedural law, EU citizenship and fundamental EU law principles and the law governing the EU institutions.
It will also present an analysis of major recent judgements on substantive EU law matters such as the internal market and the four freedoms and a number selected EU policy areas. The program will be completed with a discussion of Court’s most recent rulings in external relations and in the various facets of the area of freedom of security and justice.
Gain an expert insight into the most recent law of the Court and keep abreast of the latest legal developments of the EU by joining our conference!
What you will learn in this course
By analysing a selection of key rulings from different areas of EU law, the conference will enable you to understand how a number of fundamental decisions rendered by the Court in the course of the preceding months may potentially impact the legal development of the EU. Beyond the specific details of each case, the conference will also strive to identify general legal trends as well as potential directions for the future evolution of the Court’s case-law.
Who will benefit most?
- Legal professionals within the public and private sectors
- Officials of EU institutions and agencies
- National civil servants and persons working on EU law issues
- Judicial professionals
- Law enforcement officers
- Others who are interested in EU legal issues in general, and in the main rulings delivered by the European Courts in particular.
Building of the Chambre des Métiers
2 circuit de la Foire Internationale
1347 Luxembourg Kirchberg
Ms Stéphanie Gemnig Comodi
Tel: +352 426 230 301
The fee includes documentation and refreshments. Lunches, a reception or dinner are included if mentioned in the programme. Accommodation and travel costs are at the expense of the participants or their administration.
EIPA offers a 10% discount to all civil servants working for one of EIPA’s supporting countries, and civil servants working for an EU institution, body or agency.
Early bird discount
For this conference EIPA offers an early bird discount of 50 euro. The early bird deadline is 22 October 2020.
We offer this conference with French simultaneous interpretation, if at least six participants indicate their interest in advance. Please indicate your interest under ‘additional information’ when registering.
Who are the supporting countries?
Civil servants coming from the following EIPA supporting countries are entitled to get the reduced fee: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
For all other participants, the regular fee applies.
Special dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic) can be indicated once you receive the confirmation of the seminar.
EIPA has special price arrangements with a number of hotels. All rates are including breakfast and tourist tax. Should you wish to make use of this possibility, please book directly via the links below. Payment is to be made directly and personally to the hotel upon checking out. At the time of booking, please mention in the requested field the reservation code: EIPA, unless indicated otherwise.
- Hotel Melia*****, at the rate of €195 (booking code: 01350007ZKC), via tel.: +352 27 33 32 06 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel Novotel Kirchberg****, at the rate of €170, tel.: +352 429848-1; booking page: businesstravel.accorhotels.com (Company ID: SC000002048 – Access Code: IN281LU654)
- Hotel D’Coque***, via https://www.coque.lu/coque-hotel/reservation-en-ligne, tel.: +352 43 60 60222
- Grand Hotel Victor Hugo (Best Western Plus)****, at the rate of €175 (main building) or at the rate of €155 (annex building) (booking code: EIPA BWP 2020), via tel.: +352 26 27 440 or via e-mail: email@example.com
- Hotel Simoncini****, at the rate of €190 tel.: +352 22 28 44; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com; www.hotelsimoncini.lu
- Hotel Français***, at the rate of €150 tel.: +352 47 45 34; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.hotelfrancais.lu (Reservation code: EIPA)
- Hotel Parc Plaza****, at the rate of €156, (Reservation code: EIPA0118). https://www.goereshotels.com/parc-plaza-en
- Hotel Parc Bellevue***, at the rate of €110, (Reservation code: EIPA0118). https://www.goereshotels.com/belle-vue-en tel.: +352 44 23 23 23 23; e-mail: email@example.com
- Hotel Domus***, at the rate of between €135 and €165,: +352 46 78 78 1; fax: +352 46 78 79; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.domus.lu (Reservation code: EIPA)
Railway Station Area
- Hotel City****, at the rate of €200 (Monday to Thursday) and €150 (Friday to Sunday), tel.: +352 29 11 22; e-mail: email@example.com; www.cityhotel.lu (Reservation code: EIPA)
- Hotel JJ32**, at the rate of €135, tel.: +352 20 33 32 68; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.jj32.lu (Reservation code: EIPA BWP 2020)
Prior payment is a condition for participation.
For administrative reasons you will be charged €150 for cancellations received within 15 days before the activity begins. There is no charge for qualified substitute participants.
EIPA reserves the right to cancel the activity up to 2 weeks before the starting date. In that case, registration fees received will be fully reimbursed. EIPA accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred (travel, accommodation, etc.).
I have a question
A first version of the conference’s programme will be available in May 2020