Stay updated on our activities
MELS online in short
- 2-year bilingual (English & French) programme
- 120 ECTS in total (60 ECTS per year)
- French Master II diploma from Université de Lorraine
- 4 academic weekends per semester
- In-person attendance (when public health restrictions allow)
- All courses broadcast online for students abroad
In partnership with renowned universities and leading experts in the academic and professional world throughout Europe we organise specialised Master programmes.
This Master is a truly international study programme offered in partnership with the Université de Lorraine in France. Participants who successfully conclude the programme are awarded a French Master degree: Master en études européennes – spécialité Droit de l’union européenne.
Covid-19 update – New developments in teaching methodologies:
For the past 10 years, our students have attended face-to-face lectures on our Luxembourg premises during specific weekends per academic semester. However, due to the current Covid-19 pandemic public health restrictions in Luxembourg, the courses will be taking place completely online via a video conferencing platform.
Thanks to this new development within the Master programme, we were able to open the new promotion of 2021-2023 to students who otherwise may not have been able to travel to Luxembourg.
An added advantage is that the academic weekends can now be recorded and will be made available to students on the online ‘Campus’ for later viewing.
Should the public health restrictions be lifted, we would revert to face-to-face lectures for those students interested in traveling to Luxembourg. In any case, the online livestreaming and recording of the academic weekends will continue for those students for whom traveling to Luxembourg is not an option.
We hope that this evolution will bring even more diversity and flexibility to our Master programme. We look forward to welcoming students from a variety of backgrounds who all share an interest in European Legal Studies.
MELS Online, a unique programme for professionals
The programme, developed with the reputable Centre Européen Universitaire (CEU), is designed to achieve two principal aims:
- to provide an initial background to the fundamental issues underlying the European integration process and
- to offer progressive and increasing specialisation in the vast field of European law, with a view to enabling students to deal with legal questions in a practical way.