What will you learn in this course?
The goal of this highly-practical course/workshop extending over two full days is to present:
- the most important questions related to ESF audit in the current programming period;
- foreseen changes for the 2021-2027 programming period: Simplified costs/financing not linked to costs, proportionate control arrangement, annual accounts and audits in 2021-2027;
- state of play of the CPR negotiations;
- the main elements of the ESF audit and how to plan an efficient ESF audit;
- the main errors and irregularities in projects cofunded by the ESF;
- ESF audit findings in different Member States, including real case studies;
- fraud in ESF cofinanced projects, with real-life examples presented by an OLAF expert;
- Arachne programme as a practical tool of fraud prevention and detection;
After the presentations, you will work in small groups with experts on practical case studies.
The unique feature of the course is the combined experience of audit experts from Member States, the European Commission and the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF).
How will it help you?
The course has a very practical and interactive character. All presentations given by audit experts from the public sector, the European Commission and the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF) include concrete examples and real case studies.
Each presentation will be followed by a practical workshop in small working groups with the direct involvement of the EU experts, during which you will learn about the main errors and irregularities in ESF-financed projects, and the way ESF audits should be performed.
Who is this course for?
- Beneficiaries of ESF and IPA II,
- Managing authorities, certifying authorities, audit authorities and intermediate bodies, as well as independent auditors dealing with or interested in ESF-funded projects and programmes;
- Universities, NGOs and consulting companies.
What will you be able to do with what you learn?
You will learn in a practical way about the main errors, irregularities and fraud in ESF co-financed projects and about the way how ESF audits should be carried out. You will also learn about the Arachne programme – the amazing tool for combating fraud, and its practical use.
Gran Hotel Havana
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 647
ES – 08010 Barcelona
Tel. +34 933 417 000
Ms Miriam Escola
Tel: +34 93 245 12 06
The fee includes documentation, two lunches, one dinner, refreshments and a walking sight-seeing tour. After the event, a certificate of participation will be handed out and participants will be given access to the digital version of the event documents. Accommodation and travel costs are at the expense of the participants or their administration.
EIPA offers a 10% discount to all civil servants working for one of EIPA’s supporting countries, and civil servants working for an EU institution, body or agency.
Who are the supporting countries?
Civil servants coming from the following EIPA supporting countries are entitled to get the reduced fee: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
For all other participants, the regular fee applies.
Lunch(es) will be served at the hotel restaurant and dinner will be held at a restaurant in town. Special requirements (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic) can be indicated once you receive the confirmation of the event.
EIPA is pleased to make reservations for you at the same hotel where the seminar will take place, and where special rates apply for EIPA participants. Should you wish to make use of this possibility, kindly contact the organiser of this seminar firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment is to be made directly and personally to the hotel upon checking out. Please note that if you register after the deadline, hotel reservations cannot be guaranteed.
The EIPA special rate at the Gran Hotel Havana is:
134€ Single room
148€ Double room
(breakfast and VAT included. + Tourist tax 1.21€ pppn.)
Confirmation of registration will be forwarded to participants on receipt of the completed online registration form.
Prior payment is a condition for participation.
For administrative reasons you will be charged €150 for cancellations received within 15 days before the activity begins. There is no charge for qualified substitute participants.
EIPA reserves the right to cancel the activity up to 2 weeks before the starting date. In that case, registration fees received will be fully reimbursed. EIPA accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred (travel, accommodation, etc.).