About this seminar
This seminar will offer you a better understanding of the regulatory and supervisory framework for financial services. You will learn about the roles and powers of different institutions involved in the regulation of financial markets. You will also enhance your knowledge of the decision-making in this field and at the end of the seminar you should have a better understanding of the Member States role in this process.
The presentations during this seminar are complemented by workshops and group discussions.
European Centre for Judges and Lawyers – EIPA Luxembourg
Chambre des Métiers Building
Circuit de la Foire Internationale, 2
Ms Juliette Boussuge-Mollicone
Tel: +352 426 230 304
The fee includes documentation and refreshments. Lunches, a reception or dinner are included if mentioned in the programme. Accommodation and travel costs are at the expense of the participants or their administration.
EIPA offers a 10% discount to all civil servants working for one of EIPA’s supporting countries, and civil servants working for an EU institution, body or agency.
Early bird discount
For this course, EIPA offers an early bird discount of 50 euro. The early bird deadline is 3 October 2019.
Who are the supporting countries?
Civil servants coming from the following EIPA supporting countries are entitled to get the reduced fee: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
For all other participants, the regular fee applies.
Special dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic) can be indicated once you receive the confirmation of the seminar.
EIPA has special price arrangements with a number of hotels. All rates are including breakfast and tourist tax. Should you wish to make use of this possibility, please book directly via the links below. Payment is to be made directly and personally to the hotel upon checking out. At the time of booking, please mention in the requested field the reservation code: EIPA, unless indicated otherwise.
- Hotel Novotel Kirchberg****, at the rate of €165, tel.: +352 429848-1; booking page: accorhotels.com (Company ID: SC000002048 – Access Code: IN281LU654).
- Hotel Melia****, via melia.com (booking code: 01350007ZKC), via tel.: +352 27 33 32 06 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel D’Coque*** via http://www.coque.lu/reservation-dhotel-en-ligne, tel.: +352 43 60 60 222
- Hotel Simoncini****, at the rate of €180, : +352 22 28 44; e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; www.hotelsimoncini.lu.
- Hotel Français***, at the rate of €140 tel.: +352 47 45 34; e-mail: email@example.com; hotelfrancais.lu (Reservation code: EIPA).
- Hotel Parc Plaza****, at the rate of €152, (Reservation code: EIPA0118). E-mail: https://www.goereshotels.com/parc-plaza-en
- Hotel Parc Bellevue***, at the rate of €108, (Reservation code: EIPA0118). E-mail: https://www.goereshotels.com/belle-vue-en
- : +352 44 23 23 23 23; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.goereshotels.com
- Hotel Domus***, at the rate of between €120 and €155,: +352 46 78 78 1; fax: +352 46 78 79; e-mail: email@example.com; www.domus.lu (Reservation code: EIPA).
Railway Station Area
- Hotel City****, at the rate of €189 (Monday to Thursday) and €150 (Friday to Sunday), tel.: +352 29 11 22; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; cityhotel.lu (Reservation code: EIPA)
Prior payment is a condition for participation.
For administrative reasons you will be charged €150 for cancellations received within 15 days before the activity begins. There is no charge for qualified substitute participants.
EIPA reserves the right to cancel the activity up to 2 weeks before the starting date. In that case, registration fees received will be fully reimbursed. EIPA accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred (travel, accommodation, etc.).
|08.30||Registration of participants|
Welcome of participants
Alina Domaradzka, Lecturer, European Centre for Judges and Lawyers, EIPA Luxembourg (LU)
EU Institutional Framework for Financial Regulation and Supervision (I)
Eugenia Siracusa, Legal Officer, Legal, Convergence & Enforcement, European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), Paris
|10.30||Questions and answers|
EU Institutional Framework for Financial Regulation and Supervision (II)
|11.45||Questions and answers|
8 years on – practical experiences with ESFS
ESAs as Entities Subject to EU Administrative Law
Juan Diego Ramírez-Cárdenas Díaz, Senior Lecturer, European Centre for Judges and Lawyers, EIPA Luxembourg (LU
|17.00||End of the first seminar day and reception|
Sources of Financial Services Law
Procedures for the Adoption of Level 1 and Level 2 Acts (DA and IA)
Workshop: Recognising Level 1 and Level 2 acts
Alina Domaradzka and participants
Challenging the Legality of ESAs Actions
Juan Diego Ramírez-Cárdenas Díaz
Alina Domaradzka, Juan Diego Ramírez-Cárdenas Díaz and participants
|17.00||End of the seminar|