Does your work involve the processing of personal data? Do you want to become a Data Protection Officer (DPO)? Do you want to work as a professional and high-level expert at European level in the field of Data Protection? Do you want to gain EIPA Certification in Data Protection?
Our certified Data Protection Certification course is designed to provide you with optimum preparation. It will answer your questions related to becoming a Data Protection Officer and high-level professional and it will help you deal with everyday data protection issues.
What you will learn in this course:
- The European legal framework for data protection (including the GDPR);
- Key data protection concepts, principles and obligations;
- Actors, roles and responsibilities;
- The role of the DPO, the EDPS (European Data Protection Supervisor) and the national supervisory authorities;
- Cloud computing, big data, analytics, internet of things, data protection and data security;
- Severity assessment of data breaches and assurance role of the DPO (accountability, requirements and demonstrating compliance);
- Data protection audits, cyber security, privacy and digital sovereignty;
- Options and solutions for cross- border data transfer and third country data transfers;
- ePrivacy design and impact assessment;
- Grounds for processing, including legitimate interest and consent;
- The rights of data subjects and how to handle them.
By the end of the course, you will:
- be able to process and transfer personal data, and comply with data protection requirements in your day-to-day work;
- be better aware of relevant tools and existing practices in the field of cloud computing, big data, analytics, internet of things, severity assessments of data breaches, data protection audits, cyber security and privacy;
- have a solid understanding of how things work in practice and a vision of the EU’s future in this field;
- have a solid basis for continuous learning as a Data Protection Officer afterwards;
- benefit directly from the insights of data protection experts, participate in professional
dialogues and benefit from networking opportunities during the course;
- obtain the EIPA attendance certificate;
- take the EIPA certification examination;
- be able to qualify as a data protection professional at European level;
- develop your professional international network in the field of data protection.
Who is this course for:
- Data Protection Officers and other data protection professionals;
- Legal and IT Professionals;
- Anyone, in both the public and private sectors, with proven working experience in the processing of personal data;
- Anyone who needs certification at European level in order to advance their professional career;
- Candidates who wish to take and pass the examination.
Course methodology and highlights
We believe practical knowhow is the key to effective learning. This course therefore includes:
- detailed explanations of the key concepts, principles, actors and roles in the field of data protection and security;
- role plays and group exercises;
- preparatory workshop for the final certification examination (optional);
- extensive insights with multiple case law examples;
- input and coaching on practical issues encountered by participants from DPO network, European institutions and agencies, Europol, Eurojust, EDPS, national authority, and other data protection experts;
- a highly interactive approach – the structure of the course will give you opportunities to ask questions and share experiences, knowledge, needs and challenges with the experts and other participants.
To optimise your experience, we also recommend that you follow the optional preparatory workshop for the certification examination, during which time will be devoted to a recap of the essentials, exercises, a discussion and a Q&A session.
Here at EIPA, we are working to expand our community of practitioners, building on our specialised knowledge in the field of data protection. To this end, we are designing a new dedicated website for our participants to remain fully up to date on the practical implementation of EU data protection regulations. Through this online hub, we will be sharing relevant developments and news on matters ranging from guidelines and decisions to data breaches, new codes of conduct, examples, case studies and much more in order to offer you ongoing support after the course. We believe that facilitating peer-to-peer knowledge exchange is the best way to support you in your everyday activities.
You can also register for this course in December.