About the conference
This EIPA conference will contribute to the discussion around some of the main priorities identified by the European Commission for the reform and recovery of public administrations, namely:
- Better policymaking and implementation, enhanced transparency, trust and integrity in the public sector with, among others, the following areas of intervention:
- Strengthening the steering, coordination and planning at the centre of the government to ensure effective public management;
- Improving structures and processes to ensure the sound design of public policies based on evidence and analysis.
- An attractive and dynamic civil service delivering for tomorrow;
- Digital transformation of public sectors and enhanced service delivery for citizens and businesses.
The new Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF) will provide large-scale financial support to reforms and investments undertaken by Member States. It will help Member States to address the challenges identified in the European Semester, in areas such as competitiveness, productivity, environmental sustainability, education and skills, health, employment, and economic, social and territorial cohesion. It will also ensure an adequate focus of these investments and reforms based on the green and digital transitions.
One of the focused areas for the recovery and resilience intervention is the reform of public administrations, a key factor for economic performance and wellbeing of citizens. An effective, agile and efficient administration is a prerequisite for a country’s sound management and a key driver of growth.