About this online course
How have the Financial Management and Audit rules changed for the new 2021-2027 period? What do new Programmes look like and what will be the key issues for finance and audit? There is some doubt that the Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF) will be subject to the same financial rigours as Cohesion Policy funding. Can the new Structural Funds programmes and the RRF plans learn lessons from the 2014-2020 programming period for Cohesion Policy?
This course will compare the Financial Management and Audit rules between the 2014-2020 and 2021-2027 programming periods. There will be a special focus on financial planning, increasing the use of Simplified Costs Options, anti-fraud measures and protecting the audit trail.
What you will learn?
- Dermot Byrne, a leading Member State audit practitioner, will underline how control and audit differ, look in detail at the audit of accounts, systems and operations for 2021-2027, and highlight key audit issues for Cohesion Policy and the RRF.
- Using ARACHNE may become a requirement for some projects in the future. Luc Molemans, the European Commission’s ARACHNE Project manager, will explain and illustrate how ARACHNE works and how you can use it.
- We look at how to complete the Simplified Cost Options section of the new OP template.
- We will take a close look at the Programme and Reporting templates for the new Structural Funds programmes, examining the special link between finance and performance, and how will you report programme progress.
- Finally, we take a special look at the urgent actions of the RRF and the live issues of project selection, financial control and audit.
How we work
We aim to make the course as interactive as possible. Participants will have ample opportunity to exchange views informally on the course topics. Workshops and exercises will be used to help participants get to grips with practical tools and methodologies.
Read Marco Lopriore’s paper: ‘Recovery and Resilience Plans for the Next Generation EU: a unique opportunity that must be taken quickly, and carefully‘
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for:
- managers and practitioners from managing authorities (Managing, Certifying and Audit authorities) whether they are national, regional or local authorities; and from other public bodies of EU Member States (and associated countries) working with Structural Funds
- economic and social partners / stakeholders working with the Structural and Investment Funds, such as employers’ associations, consultants, NGOs, education bodies etc.
For this online course we make use of Zoom
Remote simultaneous interpretation
Remote simultaneous interpretation can be offered in Spanish, French and Italian on request. Contact the Programme Organiser for more information and conditions
Ms Nancy Vermeulen
Tel: +31 43 32 96 212
EIPA member fee
EIPA offers a discount to all civil servants working for one of EIPA’s supporting countries, and civil servants working for an EU institution, body or agency.
Who are the supporting countries?
Civil servants coming from the following EIPA supporting countries are entitled to get the reduced fee: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden.
For all other participants, the regular fee applies.
Early bird discount
Book up until 21 July to get a 20% early bird discount
Please note that the early bird discount will be applied at a later stage, when you receive the final invoice. The early bird discount is not cumulative with other discounts or promo codes, except for the EIPA member fee.
Prior payment is a condition for participation.
For administrative reasons you will be charged €50 for cancellations received after confirmation of your participation. There is no charge for qualified substitute participants.
EIPA reserves the right to cancel its live online activities up to 1 week before the starting date. In that case, registration fees received will be fully reimbursed.
I have a question
- Tuesday, 21 September 2021 (A.M.)
- Wednesday, 22 September 2021 (P.M.)
- Thursday, 23 September 2021 (A.M.)
|08.30||Opening of ZOOM platform|
|09.00||Welcome of participants, opening of the online course, Tour de Table
Marco Lopriore, Expert, EIPA, Maastricht
|09.15||The new draft Regulations, 2021-2027: policy context and highlights for financial management
|10.00||Break-out rooms: financial allocations|
|10.30||Programming and Programme Structure 2021-2027
Robin Smail, Visiting Expert EIPA, Consultant, UK/IE (and former Detached National Expert, EC)
|11.15||Virtual Coffee break|
|11.35||Programme Finance, Financial Management: moving from 2014-2020 to 2021-2027 (part 1)
|12.10||Emergency responses to the Health Crisis: REACT, RRF
|12.55||Question and answer session|
|13.15||End of first day|
|12.45||ZOOM Platform opens|
|13.00||Simplified Cost Options and extending simplification in 2021-2027
|13.45||Break-out rooms: audit and control of flat-rates
|14.40||Programme Finance, Financial Management and Control: moving from 2014-2020 to 2021-2027
|15.30||Short Break & meet Guest Speaker|
|15.45||Control and Audit of Structural Funds, 2014-2020 and 2021-2027
DISCUSSION: your most frequent audit issues, and simplifying audit work
Dermot Byrne, ERDF Audit Authority, Department of Public Expenditure Reform, Dublin
|16.50||Break-out rooms: audit and control of unit costs and lumpsums
|17.20||End of second day|
|08.45||Opening of ZOOM platform|
|09.00||Review of Issues from days 1 & 2|
|09.05||Eligibility of Expenditure
|09.55||Break-out rooms: eligible expenditures|
|10.30||Virtual Coffee break & meet Guest speaker|
|10.50||Anti-fraud: using the ARACHNE system
Luc Molemans, Arachne Project Manager, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, Unit F5 – Information Technologies, European Commission, Brussels (BE)
|11.50||Short Coffee Break|
|12.00||Measuring Value for Money / Evaluation questions|
|12.15||Programme Finance and Programme Performance
|13.00||Question and answer session|
|13.05||Evaluation feedback from participants|
|13.15||End of course|