Last updated: 1 February 2019
Controllers of personal information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by EIPA’s website is controlled by the European Institute of Public Administration, Onze Lieve Vrouweplein 22, 6211 HE Maastricht, the Netherlands.
What personal information about customers does EIPA gather and use?
We may use your personal information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments (including necessary checks in relation to purchases on account), communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future offers, improving our website, and communicating with you.
- Automatic information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use ‘cookies’ and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses EIPA’s website or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of EIPA’s website on other websites.
- E-mail communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from EIPA’s website if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please send an email to email@example.com.
What about cookies?
These cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Remembering e.g. log-in names and passwords for efficient use of the website.
- Analysing the use of our websites in order to be able to improve them.
- Gathering data concerning your visiting conduct in order to enable research for further optimisation of, and communication on our products and services.
- Assessing your interests on the basis of your visits to other websites.
We use the data we gather only in compliance with the law in order to improve our services, in a proper manner and with due care.
You can switch off the cookies that remember your preferences via your browser settings. You can set your browser to prevent any further receipt of cookies. In that case, EIPA cannot guarantee that all services and functionalities of the website will operate correctly. You will still see advertisements, but these will not be adjusted to your preferences.
Please note that if you make use of a different computer, you will need to adjust your browser settings again on that computer.
Does EIPA’s website share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. EIPA shares customer information only as described below.
- Third party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling services, internet use, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy and Cookie Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Protection of EIPA and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our general terms and conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of EIPA, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy and Cookie Notice.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What choices do you have with regard to your personal information?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to register or to receive a newsletter.
- You can add, update and delete certain information and request to be forgotten by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Conditions of use, notices & revisions
If you have any concern about privacy and cookies at EIPA, please contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Our business changes constantly and our Privacy and Cookie Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy and Cookie Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
For more information about our Privacy and Cookie Notice please contact us.