Stay updated on our activities
Junior Communication & Marketing Officer
The European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA) was created in 1981 on the occasion of the first European Council held in Maastricht and is supported by the EU Member States and the European Commission. Our core mission is to provide a mix of deep insights and practical knowledge about EU policies, to all professionals related to EU public affairs, with the key objective of further improving their skills and capabilities for effective management of the policies. In addition to the Maastricht-based headquarters, EIPA has a centre in Luxembourg: the European Centre for Judges and Lawyers (ECJL).
We are looking for a dynamic and hands-on colleague to enforce the Marketing & Communications Department. You will focus on and communication activities and (online) events for several key projects. Besides this, you will support the marketing activities of the department. You report to the Manager Marketing and Communications.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Develop communication plans and activities for short and long-term projects
- Identify, develop and disseminate relevant and engaging content via our social media and other channels
- Devise new ways and strategies to reach and engage with the relevant target groups
- Develop compelling visual assets for social media (incl. infographics and short videos)
- Interact with target communities to increase engagement and followers
- Analyse the performance of communication activities and produce reports for various stakeholders
- Contribute to other activities within the department (e.g. copy-writing and editing of marketing materials)
- Support the implementation and marketing of (online) events
- Assist in the implementation of the marketing strategy and the overall brand awareness
- You have a team player mindset, yet are able to work independently
- Focus on quality and attention to detail is essential
- Hands-on, proactive and pragmatic
- Well organised and able to remain focused during peak periods
- Strong interpersonal and social skills, ability to work with people from diverse cultures
- Service-minded and flexible.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field
- Preferably a background in European Studies/political studies or a sound knowledge of the EU (institutions, governance, policies,…)
- Ideally one to two years’ experience in a communications or marketing role
- Excellent written and oral communication in English is mandatory (native speaker or equivalent)
- Prior experience in working with WordPress, Google Analytics, ideally also marketing automation
- Track record with managing social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube)
- At ease with video editing software and design tools such as Canva or, Venngage, InDesign is a pro.