Stay updated on our activities
About the scholarship
The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of Luxembourg (MFEA) offers three (3) scholarships for officials, members of the judiciary, representatives of civil society organisations and legal professions from the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.
The purpose of the scholarship is to allow three candidates who have already started their professional career to follow the Master programme in European Legal Studies (MELS Online) in Luxembourg. The scholarship is intended in particular for applicants with a need of financial support.
Deadline for applications: 31 May 2022
- Bachelor’s degree. Diploma in law, political science, economics, European studies or modern languages etc. will be considered as an advantage;
- Active knowledge of English or French, with at least a passive knowledge of the other language to be certified by recognised language diplomas or proofs of residency and/or studies in countries where these languages are used;
- Commitment to successfully complete the master programme for professionals which requires attending 4 academic weekends per semester. Half of the academic weekends will be attended via the online video conferencing software, and half of the academic weekends will require traveling to Luxembourg to attend face-to-face lectures, once public health restrictions have been lifted. Successful completion of the master programme also requires following the online distance learning components of the course, culminating with online exams;
- Completion of the MELS application form including a comprehensive letter of motivation stating the reasons for application and the ability to cover certain costs (see below the coverage of the scholarship); and
- Letter of acceptance from the employer to follow the study programme, explicitly agreeing to necessary absences due to international travel and attending lectures on Fridays.
- Deadline for applications: 31 May 2022
- Selection of a pool of best candidates (approx. 10) by the Selection Committee
- Online video interviews to be scheduled during the period of 1 – 22 June 2022
- Decision of the Selection Committee on 24 June 2022
- In case a successful applicant withdraws their registration, the next best candidate will be offered the scholarship.
- Full tuition fee, including access to all online sessions and materials for distance learning;
- Contribution towards international air travel expenses over 2 academic years: for travel to attend 7 out of 15 academic weekends face-to-face* plus 1 diploma ceremony. In total: 8 travels to Luxembourg for up to €4,900; and
- Contribution towards accommodation and meals in Luxembourg amounting to €118 per night, for up to 3 nights per academic weekend attended face-to-face.
*The remaining 8 academic weekends will be broadcast via the video conferencing platform and therefore will be attended online. Additionally, all exams will be online for all students of the MELS.
In case of further questions
Juliette Mollicone-Boussuge or Blanka Opletalova, MELS Programme Organisers
Application in short
- Completed MELS application form
- Letter of motivation
- Copies of university study diplomas (at least a Bachelor’s degree or license level), translated into English or French
- Proof of knowledge of English and French
- A letter of acceptance from the employer