The European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA) was created in 1981 on the occasion of the first European Council held in Maastricht and is supported by the EU Member States and the European Commission. Our core mission is to provide a mix of deep insights and practical knowledge about EU policies, to all professionals related to EU public affairs, with the key objective of further improving their skills and capabilities for effective management of the policies. In addition to the Maastricht-based headquarters, EIPA has a centre in Luxembourg: the European Centre for Judges and Lawyers (ECJL).
EIPA’s Effective Public Administration team has a vacancy for a:
Public Management Research Assistant
What we are looking for
In order to reinforce our team in charge of New work, Quality management and skills for public administrations, we are looking for a Public Management Research Assistant who will be part of existing projects and will contribute to identify new areas of growth.
As research assistant you will work on several international research projects in the fields of public sector reform and quality management (primarily CAF)
The ideal candidate for this position meets the following requirements:
- You have a Master’s degree on Public Administration, Public Management, HR Management or similar, with a strong interest in EU affairs.
- You have some comparative research experience (ideally on Good governance, Public management, , including topics such as leadership, diversity, organisational development and quality management) focused on the public sector
- Good understanding of research design and methodology, and proven track record of applying either quantitative or qualitative methods (experience with both will be an asset)
- You are interested in engaging with academics and practitioners.
- 3/5 years of proven experience as junior consultant / researcher / trainer
- Ready to be holding roles of increasing responsibility, including assisting in the preparation of programmes, background materials and presentations for international audiences.
- Skills for assisting in the organisation of working group meetings and public events for presenting research results. Ready to make presentations in public.
- Experience in teaching and talking in public will be an asset.
- Ability to work on different projects and transversal issues at the same time, while maintaining analytical and argumentative precision.
- Ready to contribute strategically to the production of new training programmes and projects.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Motivated, outgoing, independent but also a team player.
- Good knowledge of MSFT Office, and other online tools (Zoom, Webex, Mural, Slido..)
- Comfortable with the technical and pedagogical specificities of digital learning
- C1/C2 English. Good level of French will be an asset
- EU valid working permit
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and a brief motivation (maximum one page) in English by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the vacancy number V0242. Your application will be forwarded to the relevant staff member(s), who will consider the possibilities for cooperation.
You will have the opportunity to work and learn with a very experienced team in a multicultural and dynamic organisation. The starting salary for this position is competitive and in line with the labour market of the country of hire and prior work experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please note that this position is not eligible for employment via sponsorship. All candidates must possess a permanent EU valid working permit in order to be considered.
Please refrain to send your application if you don’t match the requirements listed above.
In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by EIPA for recruitment purposes” so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application.