The European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA) was created in 1981 on the occasion of the first European Council held in Maastricht and is supported by the EU Member States and the European Commission. Our core mission is to provide a mix of deep insights and practical knowledge about EU policies, to all professionals related to EU public affairs, with the key objective of further improving their skills and capabilities for effective management of the policies.
In addition to the Maastricht-based headquarters, EIPA has a centre in Luxembourg: the European Centre for Judges and Lawyers (ECJL).
EIPA Luxembourg focuses on training, research and consultancy in various fields of EU law, including general aspects of EU law, internal market regulation, competition law and state aid, green deal, digital policy and the EU area of freedom security and justice.
We have a vacancy for a:
Senior Lecturer on Public Procurement
Location: Luxembourg and Maastricht
EIPA is looking for a senior lecturer in in the area of EU public procurement
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Development and acquisition of new training programmes and projects.
- Planning, management and delivery of established training activities and projects.
- Lecturing and facilitating inter-active sessions in online and face to face training activities in English.
- Development of a network of experts
- Acquisition and delivery of research projects, publications and comparative studies related to EIPA’s mission.
- Bachelor and Master degrees in Law, both acquired in EU Member State(s)
- Advanced knowledge of EU PP directives, EU Financial Regulation and EU PP caselaw
- Following the award of Master degree, at least 6 years of professional experience in EU public procurement accumulated in the EU in a legal practice, or consultancy or research and training organisation
- Fluency in English
- Excellent knowledge transfer skills and excellent drafting skills in English
- Solid professional network at EU level
- For non-EU citizens, being in possession of an EU work permit is a must
- PhD with thesis specific focus on EU public procurement
- Further specialised experience in strategic and complex PP, such as for example innovative PP, green PP, PPPs, competitive dialogue
- Extensive experience in delivering executive trainings
- Extensive list of peer review publications and/or contracted studies in PP
The offered grade will be in line with the requirements of the function and will also depend on the background and experience of the selected candidate. The successful candidate will be initially offered a one-year contract, with the possibility of extension
Date of commencement: as soon as possible.
How to apply?
Please apply by sending your CV, list of references and a brief motivation letter in English by email via firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Ms. An Cazaerck by 15 October 2022 mentioning the vacancy number V0245 as a reference.
In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by EIPA for recruitment purposes” so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application.
For practical information you can contact Ms. Christiane Lamesch on +352-426230302 or via email email@example.com.