EIPA Digital Policy, Cybersecurity & Data Protection Hub
The progressive process of datafication, turning many aspects of our life into digital data, has immensely influenced the rapid evolution of the new technologies and transformation of our society. Data is at the centre of this digital revolution, and we are fully aware of the breadth and the pervasiveness of the processing, use and transfer of personal data. And while this exchanges and processing of personal data can bring tremendous benefits, new vulnerabilities can be exploited. Data protection and data security are more than ever playing an essential intertwined role in safeguarding our fundamental rights. Identifying the new vulnerabilities that could be exploited by malicious parties and new ways of ensuring that critical infrastructure, systems, and assets are safe is paramount for protecting our privacy.
Our Digital Policy, Cybersecurity, and Data Protection Hub is looking for a Data Protection Specialist, who is interested to work in an international environment in the European landmark city of Maastricht.
Data Protection Specialist
Full-time, located in Maastricht (NL)
What do we offer?
EIPA offers a unique opportunity to professionals wishing to extend their already professional experience in a genuine European work environment.
The Data Protection Specialist will:
- Conduct research and produce articles, briefings and any other material requested on the most challenging and novel matters related to the programme of the department
- Support the digital policy, data protection and cybersecurity expert to set-up and bring on the market an advanced and competitive portfolio of learning programmes
- Work alongside the digital policy, data protection and cybersecurity team to roll-out the learning programmes and projects, but also with other EIPA colleagues in cross-sectorial co-creation projects
- Assist the expert in the delivery of the learning programmes (online and IRL) with matters related to content of the sessions and online tools (assignments, case studies, quizzez, polls, etc.)
- Participate in external meetings with potential customers, collaborators, either related to consultancy services or research projects.
Who can apply?
You can apply for the position of Data Protection Specialist if you have:
- At least 3 years proven experience in digital policies, data protection or cybersecurity
- Master’s Degree in law (European law or related law fields: IT law, Data Protection, Human Rights, etc.)
- Keen interest in new emerging technologies and the challenges these pose to data protection and data security
- Excellent research and writing skills
- A good familiarity with EU institutions and policy processes
- Good language and communication skills in English
- Excellent computer skills
- Permit to work in the EU
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Flexibility to adapt to new ways of working (online, face-to-face programmes) and strict deadlines
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and a motivational letter (maximum one page) in English by email to email@example.com mentioning the vacancy number V0237. Your application will be forwarded to the relevant staff member(s), who will consider the possibilities for cooperation. Deadline for submission: 23 May 2022
In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by EIPA for recruitment purposes” so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application.
Please check our website for more general information about our Institute, its activities and other vacancies at EIPA.