EIPA European Centre for Judges and Lawyers (ECJL) in Luxembourg focuses on training, research and consultancy on the practical implementation of EU law at the European Union, national and sub-national levels, as well as on the administration and quality of justice. To fill a vacancy in our team of qualified experts, EIPA Luxembourg – European Centre for Judges and Lawyers has a vacancy for a:
Financial Assistant (0.8-1.0 FTE)
located in Luxembourg
Vacancy Number: V0204
The Finance Department is looking to recruit a dynamic and reliable colleague who will initially take up the role of Financial Assistant and who will gradually, if abilities are proven, develop into a more responsible role.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Financial administration, including –
- processing the incoming and outgoing invoices
- keeping of the accounts payable, i.e. check/code/keep account of incoming invoices and declarations
- keeping of the receivable accounts records, i.e. draw up and keep account of outgoing invoices
- preparing payments to creditors
- updating the general ledger
- Monitoring and liaising with the external salary administration and transferring monthly salaries
- Responding to routine enquiries from staff, headquarters as well as customers and suppliers and investigates as required.
- Ensuring financial information is completed in accordance with EIPA’s financial timetables.
- Maintaining records and follow-up information.
- Providing administrative support.
- Maintaining computerised accounting records.
- Assisting the introduction and implementation of the new automated accounting system.
- Managing payments and receipts, cash handling and accountability.
- Monitoring and liaising with staff and other organisations to ensure that financial receipts and payments are accurate, timely and appropriately handled.
- Higher vocational education in a field relevant to the position, e.g. BTS or DUT in finance, bookkeeping or accountancy
- Fluent in English and German or French. Excellent or good command of Luxembourgish will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of automated data processing and accounting systems.
- Practical experience with the financial administration of EU projects will be considered an advantage.
- Affinity with IT, good knowledge of Excel in particular.
- Attention to detail, initiative and problem-solving skills, service- and result-orientation, flexibility, job-focused learning, and organisational sensibility.
This is a unlimited position, with an 6 months trial period. The starting salary will depend on the knowledge and experience of the successful candidate. A holiday allowance of 8% and a considerable number of holidays are part of the package. Start as soon as possible as of 1 October 2020 (in mutual agreement).
Your application (CV and motivation letter), written in English, should be addressed to the Personnel Department by email via firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning V0204 in the subject line.
Deadline: Friday 4 September 2020. For more information you can contact Mr Jens Junker by email via: email@example.com.
Click here for general information about EIPA and our activities.