We are looking to strengthen our team with a:
EU policy implementation expert
located in Maastricht
Vacancy Number: V0207
One key part of EIPA’s mission is support for the effective implementation of EU policies. To this end, EIPA offers various forms of learning and development to public servants at all levels of governance. The institute is also a source of European added value through policy fora and comparative studies, the provision of EU modules in cooperation with national partners, and input for capacity-building concerning the EU and public management.
EIPA is now reinforcing its capacity to conduct practice-oriented research work in order to develop new services for its stakeholders, as well as provide (inputs to) consultancy and other paid activities.
We are looking for one or more new colleagues to strengthen the team in the following aspects:
- methodologies for cross-national learning and extrapolation of applicable good practices;
- new approaches to public policy implementation, with a focus on EU policies;
- design of tailored training and capacity-building programmes to support implementation.
The new colleague(s) will:
- play a leading role in EIPA’s developmental work on methodologies and innovation;
- contribute to comparative studies in priority policy areas, with a focus on implementation;
- deliver training courses and contribute to other support programmes and consultancies.
The successful candidate(s) will meet all or most of the following requirements:
- a Master’s degree is required;
- a Doctoral degree or equivalent is desirable;
- typically 5-10 years of relevant professional experience in consultancy, (online) training, and/or project management;
- significant publications in relevant fields will be regarded as an asset;
- good communication and networking skills, and participation in European and international networks concerned with comparative public management and policy implementation;
- a combination of scientific commitment and interest in the practice;
- good familiarity with one or more major EU policy areas, and experience of practical challenges in areas such as environment, energy, transport, internal market, or digital policy;
- proficiency in using digital technologies in the working environment, in particular in creating digital content, e-learning and webinars;
- excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written (CEFR level C1 or above);
- preferably the nationality of one of the EU Member States, of the candidate countries to the EU, or one of the EEA countries.
A permanent position (with an initial contract for one year) in a European environment where you will have the opportunity to work in a team of professionals focusing on a variety of interesting and practice-oriented projects in support of the EU Institutions and member states. The starting salary will depend on the background and experience of the successful candidate.
By sending your CV and motivation letter in English by email via email@example.com for the attention of Ms. An Cazaerck by 20 September 2020 mentioning vacancy number V0207 as a reference.
In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by EIPA for recruitment purposes” so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application. For more information you can contact Ms. An Cazaerck on +31-43-3296284 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.