Working at EIPA offers you the unique opportunity to focus on a variety of interesting and practice-oriented projects to support the EU Institutions and the member states within a multinational team and a mix of diverse professional backgrounds.
Currently we have a vacancy for a:
Data Protection Expert
located in Maastricht
Vacancy Number: V0208
Considering the increased demand for training in the field of data protection, EIPA would like to recruit a data protection expert at the level of lecturer/senior lecturer. We are looking for a person with a legal background and the relevant practical experience in relation to the compliant application of the GDPR in the Member States or the EUDPR in the European institutions, agencies and bodies.
Furthermore, in order to expand our current activities, the candidate should be able to develop tailor-made programmes and develop activities in specific data protection areas.
Main tasks and responsibilities
You will be active in different roles, developing face to face training and e-learning, providing consultancy and/or conducting research activities in your field of expertise but also in other related areas, with an emphasis on challenges posed by new technological developments and cybersecurity.
- initiating, developing and conducting courses on specific data protection issues;
- delivering lecturers, presentations and briefings;
- management and delivery of both face to face training activities, webinars and e-learning;
- developing new training materials;
- acquiring new contracts.
- developing and carrying out consultancy activities and projects;
- acquiring new consultancy projects.
- maintaining the current partnership that EIPA has built throughout the years with the network of Data Protection Officers (DPOs). This cooperation has brought much expertise and knowledge and it contributed to the Institute’s reputation among data protection experts in Europe. The successful candidate should be able to work closely with the network of DPOs.
- acquiring and delivering research projects, publications and comparative studies.
The successful candidate(s) will meet all or most of the following requirements.
- a Master’s degree is required;
- a Doctoral degree will be regarded as an asset;
- typically 5-10 years of relevant professional experience in consultancy, (online) training, and/or project management;
- good familiarity with technological developments and issues of cyber security;
- proficiency in using digital technologies in the working environment, in particular in creating digital content, e-learning and webinars;
- good communication and networking skills;
- excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written (CEFR level C1 or above);
- preferably the nationality of one of the EU Member States, of the candidate countries to the EU, or one of the EEA countries.
The offered grade will be in line with the requirements of the function and will also depend on the background and experience of the selected candidate. The successful candidate will initially be offered a one-year contract with the option for renewal and the possibility of a permanent contract.
By sending your CV and motivation letter in English by email via email@example.com for the attention of Ms. An Cazaerck by 20 September 2020 mentioning the vacancy number V0208 as a reference.
In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by EIPA for recruitment purposes” so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application. For more information you can contact Ms. An Cazaerck on +31-43-3296284 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.