The European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA) is Europe’s leading centre of excellence on European integration and the new challenges for public management. It is our mission to support the European Union, its Member States and the countries associated with EIPA by providing relevant and high quality services to develop the capacities of public officials in dealing with EU affairs.
In addition to the Maastricht based headquarters, EIPA has centres in Luxembourg and Barcelona.
“Contracting and Tendering” Office
EIPA’s Contracting and Tendering Office contributes to the organisation’s business development by coordinating and supporting the acquisition of service contracts from the EU institutions and national public sector authorities. The Office has one vacancy for the following position:
Student Assistant (F/M)
20 hours per week
based in Maastricht (NL)
Starting on 4 March 2019
The Student Assistant will support the Office in the execution of some of its core tasks by providing overall administrative and logistical support such as for example: updating and tailoring of projects’ documents and CVs, updating and maintaining databases, managing projects’ online space, summarizing and analysing primary data, assisting with the preparation and compiling of reports.
- Be enrolled as a student at a university in the EU;
- At least two years of successfully completed university education;
- Studying, in order of preference: European Studies, European Law, International Relations, Politics, International Law;
- Understanding of EU integration and knowledge of the EU institutions;
- Fluency (C2 or mother tongue) and ability to communicate in a professional and representative manner in English – both oral and written.
- Capacity to work independently, excellent sense of responsibility and ability to comply with short deadlines;
- Strong eye for detail and precision;
- Uncompromising understanding of confidentiality;
- Outstanding computer skills (including Word, Excel, PPT, Adobe)
- Living or being prepared to live within 30 km of EIPA;
- Preferably the nationality of one of the EU Member States, of the candidate countries to the EU, or one of the EEA countries.
The starting salary for the grade of Student Assistant is 961,50 euro gross per month for 20 hours per week.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by email to email@example.com before 15 February 2019. The applications should be written in English and include a CV (latest Europass format only) and a motivation letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.