EIPA has a vacancy in the Public Management Unit in Maastricht. We are looking for an experienced professional with a solid background in Total Quality Management (TQM) in the public sector to take on the responsibilities as our new:
Leading Expert of EIPA’s CAF Centre (F/M)
The CAF is an easy-to-use, free tool to assist public-sector organisations across Europe in using quality management techniques to improve their performance. The CAF is a TQM tool which is inspired by the major Total Quality models. It is especially designed for public-sector organisations, taking into account their characteristics.
You will be our expert in quality management in a dynamic and innovative way. You will be responsible for the acquisition, development and delivery of specific contracts and/or projects, conduct training, consultancy – and maybe to a lesser extent: research – in the abovementioned domains. You have a good network which forms the basis for developing your (new) activities and for building up your portfolio. Our intention is to strengthen further the existing CAF Centre at EIPA. You report to the Head of Unit.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Looking for new opportunities and acquiring new business within the European public sector. Other important tasks will be:
- Developing and delivering training on CAF and quality management systems in general, including training trainers.
- Advising on and supporting networks on CAF and quality management systems at European and national level.
- Development of additional instruments and training courses to support CAF and quality management in public administrations.
- Carrying out comparative studies on the use of CAF and quality management systems in Europe in general.
- Consultancy on the implementation of CAF and quality management systems in general in public administration.
- Preparing and leading the discussions in the European CAF expert network on the further development of the model and its next revision.
In addition to your background as an academic and/or practitioner, it is just as important that you have a communicative and businesslike personality. Your pragmatic approach allows you to solve problems quickly and to work efficiently. The ideal candidate for this position should have:
- At least a Master degree in an area such as public management, political science, or economics.
- Relevant professional experience in an academic, policy/public administration or consultancy environment.
- Knowledge of public administration in EU member states.
- Advanced knowledge of quality management systems (such as CAF, EFQM, ISO, BSC,…)
- Proven lecturing experience as well as experience in carrying out comparative studies.
- Clear and concise communication, including excellent presentations skills.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), fluency in another European language would be an asset.
- Entrepreneurial orientation.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good networking skills (your network provides you with a solid basis for acquisition and development of training courses).
- Preferably having the nationality of one of EIPA EU member states.
- Ability and willingness to travel (intensively).
A temporary (one year) contract and – if successful – a permanent contract. The salary is depending on the selected candidate’s qualifications, years of relevant experience and level of expertise, and If eligible, a 30% tax advantage can be applied for with the Dutch tax authorities. In addition, an 8% holiday allowance is part of the package. Furthermore, EIPA offers a considerable number of holidays per year.
Please apply directly online via the apply button (Vacancy V0190. Deadline: 31 January 2018 (http://www.eipa.eu/vacancies). Your application should be written in English. For more information you can contact: Ms An Cazaerck, HR Coordinator, Tel.: +31 43 32 96 284, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy Number: V0190
Please send your CV and motivation letter by email to email@example.com with reference V0190.
Deadline: 31 January 2018.
Your application should be written in English. For more information you can contact:
Ms An Cazaerck, HR Coordinator, Tel.: +31 43 32 96 284, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date published: 15/Dec/2017