Applications for student internships
EIPA welcomes open applications from students who need to do an internship as part of their studies.
What do we offer?
EIPA offers a unique opportunity to students wishing to gain professional experience in a genuine European work environment through an internship. Student internships at EIPA focus on practical experience and research. Interns provide support in the training and research activities of EIPA. EIPA facilitates the intern in his/her professional development via training, schooling, use of study material and participation in EIPA’s main tasks.
Who can apply?
You can apply for a student internship if you have:
- At least two years of successfully completed university education in a field relevant to the requested internship;
- A good familiarity with EU institutions and policy processes;
- Good language and communication skills in English (C2 or mother tongue). Competence in other EU languages is considered an advantage;
- Very good computer skills;
- Excellent research skills; and
- Preferably the nationality of one of the EU Member States, of the candidate countries to the EU, or one of the EEA countries, Switzerland or the United Kingdom.
You are eligible for an internship if you have:
- You have completed your full-time university studies (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment; or
- You are enrolled in a graduate programme (second university degree or Master’s degree or equivalent, or higher), at the time of application; or
- You have recently graduated with a university degree (first or second degree as defined above) within the last 12 months.
How to apply?
Please indicate your education, the purpose of the internship, the main field of interest/expertise, and the internship period in your application. Your application should be in English and addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be forwarded to the relevant staff member(s), who will consider the possibilities for cooperation.
Due to the high number of applications, we cannot accommodate all requests. The internships are filled according to the Institute’s needs. Student internships at EIPA are not remunerated. The duration of the internship can vary from a minimum of two months up to six months.
You will be contacted by a member of EIPA’s Personnel Department within a month after you have applied for an internship.