The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of Luxembourg (MFEA) offers four (4) scholarships for officials, members of the judiciary, representatives of civil society organisations and legal professions from the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.
The purpose of the scholarship is to allow four candidates who have already started their professional career to follow a Master programme in European Legal Studies (MELS Online) in Luxembourg. The scholarship is intended in particular for applicants with a need of financial support.
Criteria for admission
- Bachelor’s degree. Diploma in law, political science, economics, European studies or modern languages etc. will be considered as an advantage;
- Active knowledge of English or French, with at least a passive knowledge of the other language to be certified by recognised language diplomas or proofs of residency and/or studies in countries where these languages are used;
- Commitment to successfully complete a master programme for professionals which requires traveling to Luxembourg 5 times per academic semester to attend face-to-face lectures and exam sessions and to pursue the online and distance learning components of the course;
- Completion of the registration form including a comprehensive motivation letter stating the reasons to apply and the ability to cover certain costs (see below the coverage of the scholarship); and
- Letter of acceptance from the employer to follow the study programme explicitly agreeing to necessary absences due to international travels and following lectures on Fridays.
- Deadline for applications: 23 June 2019
- Selection of a pool of best candidates (approx. 6) by the Selection Committee
- Skype interviews to be scheduled in the period of 24 June – 5 July 2019
- Decision of the Selection Committee on 08 July 2019
- In case a successful applicant withdraws the registration, the next best candidate will be offered the scholarship.
- Full tuition fee, including access to online sessions and materials for distance learning;
- Contribution towards international air travel expenses over 2 academic years (15 academic weekends, 4 examination sessions, 1 diploma ceremony, thus, 20 travels in total) up to €9.000; and
- Contribution towards accommodation and meals in Luxembourg amounting to €118 per night, up to 3 nights per academic weekend or examination session.
In case of further questions
Juliette Mollicone-Boussuge or Veronika Wydeau, Master’s Programme Organisers