Registration for this course is closed. Do you want to receive updates about the next editions of this course? Please subscribe to our newsletter.
This course is a deep dive into the topic of Twinning, and includes all the in-depth sessions and practical exercises covered under the course Effective Preparation and Implementation of Twinning Projects (+ an introductory module), but does not include the half-day introductory module covering a basic overview of the topic. Please see the bottom of this page for more details.
Effective Preparation and Implementation of Twinning Projects
“I have received a Twinning fiche for assessment. How should I start working on it?”
“What’s the best way to prepare for the oral selection procedure (the ‘beauty contest’)?”
“I have to prepare a Twinning budget according to the latest manual. How do I ensure that I do it as per the new rules?”
While it is important to know the direct, technical answers to these questions in order to run Twinning projects efficiently, even more crucial to make any such programme a success are the unwritten rules that are fundamental to the Twinning instrument, but are not covered in any manual.
This seminar will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of both the above aspects, to prepare you better for the planning and implementation of Twinning projects. On one hand, you will participate in practical exercises and interactive discussions in this seminar, to strengthen your skills of executing the processes. Additionally, you will also get in-depth insights about this topic, on the finer nuances of how the system works, so you are fully prepared and equipped to help your organisation deliver results.
What you will learn in this course:
- The relevant tools and insights for analysing Twinning fiches
- How to read between the lines of these fiches
- How to prepare better for both the written proposals and the ‘beauty contests’
- The details of all the changes in the 2017 Twinning manual
- How to build good relationships with your partners
By the end of the course you will:
- Be more aware of the risks and opportunities associated with Twinning projects
- Enhance your chances of winning a Twinning project
- Strengthen your capabilities to manage a project from start to finish
- Get familiar with the roles of all the different stakeholders in the process and know how to manage relationships with them more effectively
- Know how to build long-lasting partnerships with your beneficiary countries
Who is this course for:
- Civil servants of the EU Member States
- Representatives of mandated bodies
- Officials of the Twinning partner countries
Don’t have much exposure to Twinning or want to refresh your knowledge?
You can then sign up for the course Effective Preparation and Implementation of Twinning Projects (+ an introductory module), which includes a starter module covering the basic principles of the Twinning programme, such as:
- The meanings of terms like a Resident Twinning Advisor, a Mandated Body, a National Contact Point, etc.
- How Twinning differs from other forms of EU-sponsored capacity building measures (e.g., Technical Assistance/Service contracts, TAIEX, SIGMA)
- The roles of the EC and the EU Member States in the Twinning process
While this introductory module is optional, if you are not sure that you are familiar with the basics, we recommend that you attend it, to be able to immerse yourself in the detailed exercises of this intensive course and get maximum benefits from it.