About this seminar
A sophisticated understanding of Court of Justice of the European Union’s procedures, practices and case law is quintessential to successfully litigate before the Court. During the seminar you will learn the insights and practical skills related to the procedures of the Court of Justice of the European Union.
Enhance your knowledge on the actions of annulment to know what EU acts can be challenged before the Court of Justice of the European Union.
Who will benefit most?
Agents acting before the CJEU: national civil servants working in departments representing the government before the CJEU, EU civil servants representing EU Institutions, bodies and agencies before the CJEU, legal practitioners representing their clients before the CJEU.
The training targets professionals who are already familiar with the CJEU and have prior knowledge about the procedures conducted by the CJEU. Learn how to successfully litigate before the Court of Justice of the European Union and know more about the annulment actions entertained by the court.
What you will learn in this seminar
- The seminar will focus on the annulment actions entertained before the Court of Justice of the European Union the only procedure where private individuals are parties before the CJEU and can directly challenge EU acts. The seminar will specifically tackle the standing rules applicable for private individuals to become parties of the proceeding. Due account will be taken what EU acts can be challenged before the CJEU.
- The seminar will give guidance to the participants on how to present legal arguments during the written and the oral phase of the proceedings. Through the detailed discussion of the Rules of Procedure of the General Court answers will be given to various procedural matters ie. submissions, interim measure, appeals which may be relevant during the action.
- The seminar will provide first hand expertise as to how to prepare the written materials to be submitted to the court and the how to plead orally during the hearing before the court.
- Participants will have the opportunity to visit the Court of Justice of the European Union and attend a hearing entertained before the court.
European Centre for Judges and Lawyers – EIPA Luxembourg
Chambre des Métiers Building
Circuit de la Foire Internationale, 2
Ms Juliette Boussuge-Mollicone
Tel: +352 426 230 304
The fee includes documentation and refreshments. Lunches, a reception or dinner are included if mentioned in the programme. Accommodation and travel costs are at the expense of the participants or their administration.
EIPA offers a 10% discount to all civil servants working for one of EIPA’s supporting countries, and civil servants working for an EU institution, body or agency.
For this course EIPA offers an early bird discount of 50 euro. The early bird deadline is 21 February 2019.
Who are the supporting countries?
Civil servants coming from the following EIPA supporting countries are entitled to get the reduced fee: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
For all other participants, the regular fee applies.
Special dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic) can be indicated once you receive the confirmation of the seminar.
EIPA has special price arrangements with a number of hotels. All rates are including breakfast and tourist tax. Should you wish to make use of this possibility, please book directly via the links below. Payment is to be made directly and personally to the hotel upon checking out. At the time of booking, please mention in the requested field the reservation code: EIPA, unless indicated otherwise.
- Hotel Novotel Kirchberg****, at the rate of €165, tel.: +352 429848-1; booking page: accorhotels.com (Company ID: SC000002048 – Access Code: IN281LU654).
- Hotel Melia****, via melia.com (booking code: 01350007ZKC), via tel.: +352 27 33 32 06 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel D’Coque*** via http://www.coque.lu/reservation-dhotel-en-ligne, tel.: +352 43 60 60 222
- Hotel Simoncini****, at the rate of €180, : +352 22 28 44; e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; www.hotelsimoncini.lu.
- Hotel Français***, at the rate of €140 tel.: +352 47 45 34; e-mail: email@example.com; hotelfrancais.lu (Reservation code: EIPA).
- Hotel Parc Plaza****, at the rate of €152, (Reservation code: EIPA0118). E-mail: https://www.goereshotels.com/parc-plaza-en
- Hotel Parc Bellevue***, at the rate of €108, (Reservation code: EIPA0118). E-mail: https://www.goereshotels.com/belle-vue-en
- : +352 44 23 23 23 23; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.goereshotels.com
- Hotel Domus***, at the rate of between €120 and €155,: +352 46 78 78 1; fax: +352 46 78 79; e-mail: email@example.com; www.domus.lu (Reservation code: EIPA).
Railway Station Area
- Hotel City****, at the rate of €189 (Monday to Thursday) and €150 (Friday to Sunday), tel.: +352 29 11 22; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; cityhotel.lu (Reservation code: EIPA)
Prior payment is a condition for participation.
For administrative reasons you will be charged €150 for cancellations received within 15 days before the activity begins. There is no charge for qualified substitute participants.
EIPA reserves the right to cancel the activity up to 2 weeks before the starting date. In that case, registration fees received will be fully reimbursed. EIPA accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred (travel, accommodation, etc.).
|08.30||Registration of participants|
Welcome of participants and opening of the conference
Petra Jeney, Senior Lecturer, European Centre for Judges and Lawyers, EIPA Luxembourg
Juan Diego Ramírez-Cárdenas Díaz, Senior Lecturer, European Centre for Judges and Lawyers, EIPA Luxembourg
The crucial questions of admissibility in annulment actions: reviewability of the challenged acts and the standing of the applicant
Case studies on admissibility issues
Selected procedural issues of annulment actions
Katarína Andová, Legal Secretary, Chamber of Judge Zoltán Csehi, Court of Justice of the European Union, Luxembourg (LU) (tbc)
Urgent procedures in annulment actions
Katarína Andová (tbc)
Appeals against decisions of the General Court: conduct of proceedings appeal against an interim order
Magdalena Ličková, Legal Secretary, Chamber of Advocate-General Michal Bobek, Court of Justice of the European Union, Luxembourg (LU) (tbc)
|18.00||End of first day and reception|
|Visit to the Court of Justice of the European Union|
Meeting at the Court of Justice of the European Union
Visitors’ entrance – rue du Fort Niedergrünewald
|8.45||Briefing on the Case (to be determined)|
|9.30||Hearing of the Case (to be determined)|
Practical insights for litigating in annulment actions before the General Court I.
Practical insights for litigating in annulment actions before the General Court II.
|17.15||Evaluation and closing the seminar|
|17.30||End of the seminar|