Registration for this course is closed. Do you want to receive updates about the next editions of this course? Please subscribe to our newsletter.
Amsterdam Smart City is the innovation platform of the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area, which is constantly challenging businesses, residents, the municipality and institutions to test innovative ideas and solutions for urban issues. In this one and a half day course, you will learn from experts who have worked and are currently involved in the smart mobility projects behind the city of Amsterdam. The course will include best practices and lessons learned from the Amsterdam Smart city. Key projects that demonstrate how to further progress, and an innovation platform for community engagement. The course is delivered through extensive insights with multiple examples and real life cases, group exercises, role-plays and simulation games.
What you will learn in this course:
- The best practices and lessons learned from the Amsterdam Smart city.
- Key projects will show you the way to further progress.
- Innovation platform and community engagement.
- Amsterdam smart mobility plan.
- Electrification of transport.
- Mobility as a service and new business models.
- About working circular city development through Play the City method.
- Create scenarios based on tested policies.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the essential principles and procedures behind the smart mobility plan applied in Amsterdam.
- Be able to understand how partners and key projects have contributed to the Amsterdam smart city project.
- Be able to test your ideas, build ‘circular city’ scenarios and exchange knowledge with your peers.
- Enhance effective decision-making.
- Learn from real world cases while networking with professionals from diverse sectors.
- Learn how to adapt to and take action in multidisciplinary environments.
- Elaborate on the new role of government, companies and communities.
- Learn about your own negotiation skills, how they are perceived by other professionals and how you can improve them.
Who is this course for:
- Senior civil servants.
- Strategic decision makers.
Course methodology and highlights
We believe learning happens best with practical knowledge. So this course includes:
- Extensive insights with multiple examples and real life cases.
- Group exercises.
- Role-plays and simulation games.