This workshop provides a practice-oriented overview on how to implement EU policies and law within Member States. It will cover all the associated political, legal, and managerial issues, and will use a lively combination of presentations, case studies, group work and experience exchange. To ensure that the training is tailor-made to your needs, the programme is divided into separate two-day modules, each of which can be attended separately, or attended consecutively.
- Implementation obligations
- Law approximation process
- Strategies for and national coordination of the law approximation efforts
- Notification to the Commission
- Consequences of non-, incomplete or late implementation.
Introduces the European Smart Regulation Strategy, and is dedicated to pre-implementation impact assessment and evaluation of implemented legislation.
What you gain
In addition to providing a better understanding of national needs and the Commission’s needs with respect to the implementation of EU legislation, the seminar provides you with:
- Methodologies and practical tools necessary to ensure EU membership compliance
- Guidance on how to balance domestic and supra-national political interests and constitutional and legal requirements
- An introduction to the ‘European Smart Regulation’ and how Impact Assessment supports better regulation, including tools and methodologies to identify and measure the impact of transposing EU legislation to the national level.
Who will most benefit?
Mid-level managers, officials and experts from ministries, central and regional agencies and authorities responsible for or involved in drafting, coordinating and/or implementing European Union legislation at the national level.