Registration for this course is closed. Take a look at Capacity Building in Impact Evaluation: Counterfactual and Theory-Based Approaches 2019
Does your organisation have qualified experts who are willing and able to properly manage evaluation activities?
How can you ensure high-quality evaluations?
Will evaluation results really provide the evidence required for decision-making, and help to improve policies and programmes?
This course will answer all the above questions, and specifically, will enhance your ability to design, manage and monitor the evaluations conducted by your organisation, irrespective of whether they are supported by EU funds.
What you will learn in this course:
- The two most prominent approaches to the current evaluation system: Counterfactual (also known as experimental or quasi-experimental) and theory-based
- What counterfactual approaches can and cannot do and the conditions in which they can be used
- How theory-based approaches can provide a good alternative when such conditions are not met and discuss ways in which the two approaches can be combined
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the pros and cons of different evaluation tools, and select the ones that are most relevant
- Commission and manage evaluations and ensure better dissemination of the results
- Design briefs for both internal and external evaluators, interact with them smoothly, and do an efficient assessment of their work quality
- Integrate evaluation better into the policy and programming cycle so that it is actually used
Who is this course for:
- Public officials from EU Member States, candidate countries, EU institutions and Agencies Managing authorities
- Auditors, consultants, staff of NGOs, and other stakeholders involved in the management of evaluation procedures for policies, programmes, and projects
- Professionals working with European Funds
The course will be led by experts who have decades of both research and practical experience in evaluation in an EU context.
There is no previous knowledge/experience required to attend this seminar, but if you do have some prior understanding, it could definitely help you get the maximum benefits out of this course.
You will get the slides as well as additional learning material to apply the new knowledge in your work.
Grupotel Gran Vía 678
Gran Vía Corts Catalanes, 678
Mr Raymond Pelzer
Tel: +34 93 245 12 01
The fee includes documentation, two lunches, one dinner and coffee breaks. After the event, a certificate of participation will be handed out and participants will be given access to the digital version of the event documents. Accommodation and travel costs are at the expense of the participants or their administration.
EIPA offers a 10% discount to all civil servants working for one of EIPA’s supporting countries, and civil servants working for an EU institution, body or agency.
Who are the supporting countries?
Civil servants coming from the following EIPA supporting countries are entitled to get the reduced fee: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
For all other participants, the regular fee applies.
Lunch(es) will be served at the hotel restaurant and dinner will be held at a restaurant in town. Special dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic) can be indicated once you receive the confirmation of the seminar.
EIPA is pleased to make reservations for you at the same hotel where the seminar will take place, and where special rates apply for EIPA participants. Should you wish to make use of this possibility, kindly contact the organiser of this seminar firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment is to be made directly and personally to the hotel upon checking out. Please note that if you register after the deadline, hotel reservations cannot be guaranteed.
EIPA Barcelona has made a block booking at the Grupotel Gran Vía 678 at the special rates of:
– Single room: €110 + € 1,21 tourist tax
– Double room for single use: €132 + € 1,21 tourist tax.
– Double room: €154 + € 2,42 tourist tax.
The prices mentioned include breakfast buffet and 10% VAT.
Confirmation of registration will be forwarded to participants on receipt of the completed online registration form.
Prior payment is a condition for participation.
For administrative reasons you will be charged €150 for cancellations received within 15 days before the activity begins. There is no charge for qualified substitute participants. EIPA reserves the right to cancel the activity up to 2 weeks before the starting date. In that case, registration fees received will be fully reimbursed. EIPA accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred (travel, accommodation, etc.).