About this seminar
This seminar offers a comprehensive overview of what free movement rights mean in practice for EU citizens. In this vain firstly the right to reside will be explored followed by the mapping out of the social rights EU citizens can enjoy in the host EU Member State. The seminar will also pay a particular attention to the derived rights of third country nationals who have a family link to EU citizens. Lastly the status of third country nationals coming to work and live in the EU will be discussed.
The starting point of the discussion is the free movement right stemming from the internal market, complemented with the regulatory issues on mutual recognition of professional qualifications and posted workers. This will be followed with the elaboration of the status of third country nationals in the Schengen Area and the impending dilemma of Brexit.
This seminar offers group discussions to allow for the participants’ involvement and exchange during the sessions.
What you will learn in this course
- You will learn how the EU Courts distinguish between justified and not justified breaches of law in the field of free movement of persons
- You will enhance your knowledge on sectoral legislation in the field of free movement of persons
- You will expand your knowledge about the latest landmark case-law of the EU Courts as well as the impact of Brexit on the free movement rights.
European Centre for Judges and Lawyers – EIPA Luxembourg
8 rue Nicolas Adames
Ms Stéphanie Gemnig Comodi
Tel: +352 426 230 301
The fee includes documentation and refreshments. Lunches, a reception or dinner are included if mentioned in the programme. Accommodation and travel costs are at the expense of the participants or their administration.
EIPA offers a discount to all civil servants working for one of EIPA’s supporting countries, and civil servants working for an EU institution, body or agency.
Early bird discount
For this course, EIPA offers an early bird discount of 50 euro. The early bird deadline is 10 February 2020.
Who are the supporting countries?
Civil servants coming from the following EIPA supporting countries are entitled to get the reduced fee: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden.
For all other participants, the regular fee applies.
Special dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic) can be indicated once you receive the confirmation of the seminar.
EIPA has special price arrangements with a number of hotels. All rates are including breakfast and tourist tax. Should you wish to make use of this possibility, please book directly via the links below. Payment is to be made directly and personally to the hotel upon checking out. At the time of booking, please mention in the requested field the reservation code: EIPA, unless indicated otherwise.
- Hotel Melia*****, at the rate of €195 (booking code: 01350007ZKC), via tel.: +352 27 33 32 06 or via e-mail: email@example.com
- Hotel Novotel Kirchberg****, at the rate of €170, tel.: +352 429848-1; booking page: businesstravel.accorhotels.com (Company ID: SC000002048 – Access Code: IN281LU654)
- Hotel D’Coque***, via https://www.coque.lu/coque-hotel/reservation-en-ligne, tel.: +352 43 60 60222
- Grand Hotel Victor Hugo (Best Western Plus)****, at the rate of €175 (main building) or at the rate of €155 (annex building) (booking code: EIPA BWP 2020), via tel.: +352 26 27 440 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel Simoncini****, at the rate of €190 tel.: +352 22 28 44; e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; www.hotelsimoncini.lu
- Hotel Français***, at the rate of €150 tel.: +352 47 45 34; e-mail: email@example.com; www.hotelfrancais.lu (Reservation code: EIPA)
- Hotel Parc Plaza****, at the rate of €156, (Reservation code: EIPA0118). https://www.goereshotels.com/parc-plaza-en
- Hotel Parc Bellevue***, at the rate of €110, (Reservation code: EIPA0118). https://www.goereshotels.com/belle-vue-en tel.: +352 44 23 23 23 23; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel Domus***, at the rate of between €135 and €165,: +352 46 78 78 1; fax: +352 46 78 79; e-mail: email@example.com; www.domus.lu (Reservation code: EIPA)
Railway Station Area
- Hotel City****, at the rate of €200 (Monday to Thursday) and €150 (Friday to Sunday), tel.: +352 29 11 22; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.cityhotel.lu (Reservation code: EIPA)
- Hotel JJ32**, at the rate of €135, tel.: +352 20 33 32 68; e-mail: email@example.com; www.jj32.lu (Reservation code: EIPA BWP 2020)
Prior payment is a condition for participation.
For administrative reasons you will be charged €150 for cancellations received within 15 days before the activity begins. There is no charge for qualified substitute participants.
EIPA reserves the right to cancel the activity up to 2 weeks before the starting date. In that case, registration fees received will be fully reimbursed. EIPA accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred (travel, accommodation, etc.).
I have a question
|08.45||Registration of Participants|
|09.00||Welcome and mutual introduction
Igor Dizdarevic, Lecturer, European Center for Judges and Lawyers – EIPA Luxembourg
|09.30||Introduction to the main concepts of free movement: part I
|11.00||Introduction to the main concepts of free movement: part II
|12.00||Discussion and interim learning points|
|14.00||Free movement rights and EU citizenship
Tomasz Kramer, Lecturer, European Center for Judges and Lawyers – EIPA Luxembourg
|15.00||Free movement : derived rights for third country nationals|
|16,.00||Social rights of EU citizens and their families
|17.00||End of the first seminar day followed by a reception|
|09.00||Mutual recognition of qualifications
|10.45||Posting of workers
|13.45||Free movement rights within the EU internal market vs Schengen acquis
Petra Jeney, Senior Lecturer, European Centre for Judges and Lawyers – EIPA Luxembourg
|15.30||Concluding remarks on the challenges to free movement after Brexit
Igor Dizdarevic & Petra Jeney
|17.00||End of the seminar|