About this seminar
This seminar offers a comprehensive overview of the free movement rights that were developed in recent years for different categories of persons by the Court of Justice of the EU. The first day will focus on the different categories of persons protected under EU free movement rules and the scope of their specific rights, such as social rights. During the second seminar day, you will enhance your knowledge in the field of mutual recognition of qualifications and the posting of workers. Finally, you will gain a better understanding of the consequences of Brexit for EU citizens living in the UK and for British citizens living and working in the EU.
This seminar offers several group discussions to allow for the participants’ involvement and exchange during the sessions.
What you will learn in this course
- learn how the EU Courts distinguish between justified and not justified breaches of law in the field of free movement of persons.
- enhance your knowledge on sectoral legislation in the field of free movement of persons.
- expand your knowledge about the latest landmark case-law of the EU Courts as well as the impact of Brexit on the free movement rights
European Centre for Judges and Lawyers – EIPA Luxembourg
Chambre des Métiers Building
Circuit de la Foire Internationale, 2
Ms Stéphanie Gemnig Comodi
Tel: +352 426 230 301
The fee includes documentation and refreshments. Lunches, a reception or dinner are included if mentioned in the programme. Accommodation and travel costs are at the expense of the participants or their administration.
EIPA offers a 10% discount to all civil servants working for one of EIPA’s supporting countries, and civil servants working for an EU institution, body or agency.
Early bird discount
For this course, EIPA offers an early bird discount of 50 euro. The early bird deadline is 11 February 2019.
Who are the supporting countries?
Civil servants coming from the following EIPA supporting countries are entitled to get the reduced fee: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
For all other participants, the regular fee applies.
Special dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic) can be indicated once you receive the confirmation of the seminar.
EIPA has special price arrangements with a number of hotels. All rates are including breakfast and tourist tax. Should you wish to make use of this possibility, please book directly via the links below. Payment is to be made directly and personally to the hotel upon checking out. At the time of booking, please mention in the requested field the reservation code: EIPA, unless indicated otherwise.
- Hotel Novotel Kirchberg****, at the rate of €165, tel.: +352 429848-1; booking page: accorhotels.com (Company ID: SC000002048 – Access Code: IN281LU654).
- Hotel Melia****, via melia.com (booking code: 01350007ZKC), via tel.: +352 27 33 32 06 or via e-mail: email@example.com
- Hotel D’Coque*** via http://www.coque.lu/reservation-dhotel-en-ligne, tel.: +352 43 60 60 222
- Hotel Simoncini****, at the rate of €180, : +352 22 28 44; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com; www.hotelsimoncini.lu.
- Hotel Français***, at the rate of €140 tel.: +352 47 45 34; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; hotelfrancais.lu (Reservation code: EIPA).
- Hotel Parc Plaza****, at the rate of €152, (Reservation code: EIPA0118). E-mail: https://www.goereshotels.com/parc-plaza-en
- Hotel Parc Bellevue***, at the rate of €108, (Reservation code: EIPA0118). E-mail: https://www.goereshotels.com/belle-vue-en
- : +352 44 23 23 23 23; e-mail: email@example.com www.goereshotels.com
- Hotel Domus***, at the rate of between €120 and €155,: +352 46 78 78 1; fax: +352 46 78 79; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.domus.lu (Reservation code: EIPA).
Railway Station Area
- Hotel City****, at the rate of €189 (Monday to Thursday) and €150 (Friday to Sunday), tel.: +352 29 11 22; e-mail: email@example.com; cityhotel.lu (Reservation code: EIPA)
Prior payment is a condition for participation.
For administrative reasons you will be charged €150 for cancellations received within 15 days before the activity begins. There is no charge for qualified substitute participants.
EIPA reserves the right to cancel the activity up to 2 weeks before the starting date. In that case, registration fees received will be fully reimbursed. EIPA accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred (travel, accommodation, etc.).
|08.45||Registration of Participants|
|09.00||Welcome and mutual introduction
Alina Domaradzka, EIPA Expert, Luxembourg
|09.30||EU acquis on free movement of persons – an overview
|10.45||Scope of free movements rights under EU legislation
|14.00||Scope of free movement rights – landmark decisions of the CJEU
Igor Dizdarevic, EIPA Expert, Luxembourg
|16.00||Consequences of Brexit on free movement rights
|17.00||End of the first seminar day followed by a reception|
|09.00||Mutual recognition of qualifications: Most common problems with the application of the EU legal framework
Tomasz Kramer, EIPA Expert, Luxembourg
|11.00||Case study: Applying mutual recognition rules in practice
|14.00||Posting of workers: current application of the EU rules
|16.00||Case study: applying EU rules in practice
|17.30||End of the seminar|