About this online course
Structural Funds programmes are in transition. What will happen to Management Verifications under the new emergency REACT-EU instrument and in the new programming period? How can Financial Control be simplified? How will the audit trail be protected?
This online course examines the Financial Management, Financial Control and Audit requirements for Operational Programmes – both using the REACT-EU budget within current programmes, and for the new 2021-2027 period. We will also look at the effect of the new CRII and CRII+ amending regulations.
How we work
We aim to make the online course as interactive as possible. Participants will have ample opportunity to exchange views informally on the seminar topics. Workshops and exercises will be used to help participants get to grips with practical tools and methodologies.
You are invited to send us your problems, issues and questions before the online course, if you wish. We will do our best to address the problems / answer the questions during the course!
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for:
- managers and practitioners from managing authorities (Managing, Certifying and Audit authorities) whether they are national, regional or local authorities; and from other public bodies of EU Member States (and associated countries) working with Structural Funds
- economic and social partners / stakeholders working with the Structural and Investment Funds, such as employers’ associations, consultants, NGOs, education bodies etc.
What our previous participants said
- Grazie per il corso, è stato meraviglioso!
- Thank you very much again for last two days, I really enjoyed it and I also learned a lot.
What you will learn in this online course
- how to make management verifications simpler and more efficient
- dealing with REACT-EU projects
- impact of the new CRII / CRII+ amending regulations on programmes
- latest developments in negotiations of the new regulations 2021-2027
- how best to use the range of Simplified Cost Options and what are the verification and audit issues arising
- how control and audit differ and how to conduct audits of accounts, systems and operations
- how to deal with risk, irregularities and corrections
- proposed changes to financial tables, financial planning, the annual accounts and financial reporting
- The new agreed recommended indicators for measuring co-financed Covid-19 response activities
For this online course we make use of Zoom
Ms Winny Curfs
Tel: + 31 43 3296320
EIPA offers a discount to all civil servants working for one of EIPA’s supporting countries, and civil servants working for an EU institution, body or agency.
Who are the supporting countries?
Civil servants coming from the following EIPA supporting countries are entitled to get the reduced fee: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
For all other participants, the regular fee applies.
Prior payment is a condition for participation.
For administrative reasons you will be charged € 50 for cancellations received within 7 days before the activity begins.
EIPA reserves the right to cancel the activity up to 1 week before the starting date. In that case, registration fees received will be fully reimbursed.
I have a question
|08.30||Opening of ZOOM platform|
|09.00||Welcome of participants and opening of the online course
Marco Lopriore, Expert, EIPA, Maastricht
|09.10||The new draft Regulations, 2021-2027: policy context and highlights for financial management
|09.40||Programme Finance, Financial Management and Control: moving from 2014-2020 to 2021-2027
Robin Smail, Visiting Expert EIPA, Consultant, (and former Detached National Expert, EC)
|10.30||Virtual Coffee break & meet Guest speaker|
|11.00||Programme Finance, Financial Management and Control (contd).
|11.20||Break-out rooms: financial allocations|
|11.40||Financial Management and Control Issues, Management Verifications and the eligibility of projects and expenditures
Julia Szenthe, Senior Expert, ERDF Managing Authority, Vienna, Austria
|12.20||Break-out rooms: eligible expenditures|
|12.40||Financial Management and Control Issues, Management Verifications and the eligibility of projects and expenditures
|13.05||Eligibility of Expenditure
|13.20||Question and answer session|
|13.25||End of first day|
|12.45||ZOOM Platform opens|
|13.00||Simplified Cost Options and extending simplification in 2021-2027
Marco Lopriore, Expert, EIPA
|13.40||Break-out rooms: simplified costs options
|14.00||Simplification and Eligibility of Expenditure: outstanding issues
|14.20||Coffee break and meet Guest speaker|
|14.45||Control and Audit of Structural Funds, 2014-2020 and 2021-2027
Dermot Byrne, ERDF Audit Authority, Department of Public Expenditure Reform, Dublin
|15.50||Programme Finance, Financial Management and Control (contd).
|16.40||Simplification and Eligibility of Expenditure: outstanding issues
Marco Lopriore, Expert, EIPA Maastricht
|17.00||Break-out rooms: simplified cost options
|17.20||Evaluation feedback from participants|
|17.25||Close of online course|