About this seminar
What are the key issues for Financial Control and what do the new (draft) Regulations mean for Financial Management and Financial Control in 2021-2027? How are we presently trying to reduce the administrative burden of Management Verifications and what is envisaged for the next programming period?
This seminar examines these issues as well as the relationship between control and audit, how the audit trail can be best protected, questions of eligible expenditure and how to extend the use of simplified cost options.
What you will learn in this course
- How to identify the elements of a piece of EU legislation that you have to implement
- How to ensure compliance with EU Treaty obligations while meeting national, constitutional, and administrative requirements, as well as balancing both domestic and supra-national political interests
- The consequences of incomplete, wrong, late or non-implementation of EU law
By the end of the course, you will be able to
- Efficiently implement the EU directives by establishing and managing a process of consultation and coordination with governmental and non-governmental stakeholders
- Convert contradictory political, legal and budgetary interests into practical and operational solutions
- Reduce the risks of getting involved in time-consuming infringement probes
European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA)
O.L. Vrouweplein 22
6211 HE, Maastricht
Ms Winny Curfs
Tel: + 31 43 3296320
The fee includes documentation and refreshments. Lunches, a reception or dinner are included if mentioned in the programme. Accommodation and travel costs are at the expense of the participants or their administration.
EIPA offers a 10% discount to all civil servants working for one of EIPA’s supporting countries, and civil servants working for an EU institution, body or agency.
Who are the supporting countries?
Civil servants coming from the following EIPA supporting countries are entitled to get the reduced fee: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
For all other participants, the regular fee applies.
Lunches, the reception or dinner will be served at a restaurant in town. Special dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic) can be indicated once you receive the confirmation of the seminar.
EIPA has special price arrangements with a number of hotels. All hotels are within 10 minutes walking distance from EIPA. Should you wish to make use of this possibility, please book directly via the links below. Payment is to be made directly and personally to the hotel upon checking out. At the time of booking, please mention in the requested field the EIPA project number for your course.
Prior payment is a condition for participation.
For administrative reasons you will be charged €150 for cancellations received within 15 days before the activity begins. There is no charge for qualified substitute participants.
EIPA reserves the right to cancel the activity up to 2 weeks before the starting date. In that case, registration fees received will be fully reimbursed. EIPA accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred (travel, accommodation, etc.).
The detailed programme of this course will be available soon.