Registration for this course is closed. Do you want to receive updates about the next editions of this course? Please subscribe to our newsletter.
Does your work involve the processing of personal data? Are you a beginner in the field? Do you want to start a new professional journey?
Our Data Protection Basic Module has been designed from a beginner’s perspective to provide a step-by-step guide to help you deal with the fundamental data protection issues and principles. This 2-day course will give you the basic knowledge needed to start working in the Data Protection field and will prepare you in the best way to be able to attend the Advanced Module in order to become a Data Protection Officer and high level professional at European level in the subject.
What you will learn in this course:
- The EU legal framework for data protection, the Council of Europe Convention and OECD guidelines
- Key data protection concepts, principles and obligations
- The role of DPO, EDPS and of the National data protection authorities
- The basic knowledge on Data transfer
- The basic knowledge on E-Privacy design and impact assessment.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the contents, obligations and principles of the EU legal framework for data protection
- Have a solid basis for continuous learning on DPO afterwards
- Benefit directly from the insights of Data Protection experts, participate in professional
dialogues and benefit from the networking opportunity during the course
- Get the EIPA attendance certificate.
Who is this course for:
- Beginners in both public and private sectors, whose work involves the processing of personal data
- Anyone who wants to start a professional development in the field of Data Protection
- Legal and IT Professionals
- Anyone who wants to attend the advanced course
- Anyone who wants to pass the test to obtain the EIPA DPO certificate. In this case, you will need to participate in the Basic and Advanced Module (which includes the certification).
Course methodology and highlights:
We believe learning happens best with practical knowledge. Therefore this course includes:
- Detailed explanations of the key concepts, principles, its actors and roles in the field of data protection and security
- Comparative practical examples and case studies
- Extensive insights with multiple case law examples
- Inputs and coaching on practical demands from participants by DPOs network, European institutions and agencies, Europol, Eurojust, EDPS, National Authority and other Data Protection experts
- Very interactive approach. The module’s structure will give you the possibilities to ask questions, share experience, knowledge, needs and challenges with the experts and other participants.