Registration for this course is closed. Take a look at our latest courses: Data Protection Certification Course – June 2019 or Data Protection Certification Course – December 2019
Does your work involve the processing of personal data? Do you want to become a Data Protection Officer (DPO), or a high-level expert in the field, at the European level?
Our Complete Course in Data Protection Certification, full of information, insights, role-play, group exercises, and discussions, will prepare you to deal with data protection issues on a daily basis. It will answer all your questions and give you practical knowledge on how to become an efficient DPO.
What you will learn in this course
- The EU legal framework for data protection, the Council of Europe Convention and OECD guidelines.
- Key data protection concepts, principles and obligations.
- The role of DPO, EDPS and of the National data protection authorities.
- Cloud computing, big data, analytics, internet of things, Data Protection and Data Security.
- Severity assessment of data breaches and assurance role of DPO (accountability requirements and demonstrating compliance.)
- Data Protection Audit, Cyber-security, privacy and digital sovereignty.
- Options and solutions for cross-border Data transfer.
- E-Privacy design and impact assessment.
By the end of the course, you will
- Understand the contents, obligations and principles of the EU legal framework for data protection
- Be able to process & transfer personal data, and comply with data protection issues in your day – to – day work
- Be better aware of applicable tools and existing practices in the field of Cloud computing, big data, analytics, internet of things, severity assessment of data breaches, Data Protection Audit, Cyber-security and privacy
- Have a solid understanding of things work in practice and a vision of the EU future in this field
- Have a solid basis for continuous learning on the DPO afterwards
- Benefit directly from the insights of Data Protection experts, participate in professional
dialogues and benefit from the networking opportunity during the course
- Take part in the EIPA certification exam
- Receive your qualification as a Data Protection Professional at European level
- Develop your professional international network in the field of Data Protection.
Who is this course for
- Data Protection Officers and Professionals
- Legal and IT Professionals
- Anyone who needs a certification at European level to advance his/her professional career
- Candidates who wish to attend and pass the examination
- Anyone, in both public and private sector, whose work involves the processing of personal data.
Course methodology and highlights
We believe learning happens best with practical knowledge. So this course includes:
- Detailed explanations of the key concepts, principles, its actors and roles in the field of data protection and security
- Role play and group exercises
- (Optional) Preparatory Workshop for the final certification exam
- Extensive insights with multiple case law examples
- Inputs and coaching on practical demands from participants by DPOs network, European institutions and agencies, Europol, Eurojust, EDPS, National Authority and other Data Protection experts
- Very interactive approach. The module’s structure will give you the possibility to ask questions, share experience, knowledge, needs and challenges with the experts and other participants.
The overall programme is divided into four parts: 1) basic module , 2) advanced module, and 3) optional certification workshop 4) the final test). The course duration is 5 days (4 days training + 1 day optional workshop in the morning and exam in the afternoon) in order to leave enough time for role-play and group exercises and discussions.
In case you wish to obtain the ‘EIPA professional certification in Data Protection’, you will have to pass a final test, scheduled in the afternoon session of the last day. The examination consists of a multiple-choice test, covering the subject matters dealt with in the plenary sessions in both modules – basic and advanced – followed by open questions.
To pass the exam you are strongly advised to study the materials that will be provided to you before and during the seminar.
You will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the course. Attendance in both modules is in principle required if you want to take part in the certification exam. In case you can demonstrate a proven working experience in the field of Data Protection, you can proceed straight to the Advanced Module. You can visit our website for the Certification Policy at the following link www.eipa.eu/dataprotection.
 Appointed DPOs of the EU institutions, agencies and bodies with more than two years of seniority in post are allowed to proceed straight to the advanced module, taking into account also other elements such as attendance to the EDPS training or any other relevant data protection training by EIPA or other institutions, as well as to the meetings of the network of the DPOs.