European Judicial Training for Court Staff and Bailiffs ll: Promoting and supporting the European cross-border cooperation
This project is co-funded by the Justice Programme of the European Union.
In its Europe 2020 policy, the European Commission fixed the target of 700 000 legal practitioners participating in European judicial training by 2020, which represents no less than half of all legal practitioners in the EU. In response to this challenge, the new “European Judicial Training for Court Staff and Bailiffs” project funded within the scope of the EU Justice Programme 2014-2020 was launched in September 2017 with the objective to improve and develop court staff & bailiffs training in EU law.
The consortium composed of the National School for Clerks (Ecole Nationale des Greffes – ENG) (France) represented by its mandated body Justice Coopération Internationale (JCI), the Centre for Legal Studies (Centro de Estudios Jurídicos – CEJ) (Spain), the Judiciary Training Institute (Institut de Formation Judiciaire – IFJ) (Belgium), the Directorate-General for the Administration of Justice (Direção Geral da Administração da Justiça – DGAJ) (Portugal), the National School for Clerks (Scoala
Nationala de Grefieri) (Romania), the European Institute of Public Administration‘s European Centre for Judges and Lawyers (EIPA) (Luxembourg), and the European Chamber of Judicial Officers/Bailiffs (Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Italy, Scotland, Hungary, Poland) (CEHJ) joinrf forces in order to involve all training levels and training stakeholders and create a true EU area of justice.
The project included:
- 3 Steering committee meetings in Dijon, Lisbon and Bucharest
- 6 Common training courses on EU Law in Dijon, Bucharest, Brussels, Madrid and Lisbon
- 1 training on English Legal Terminology for cross-border procedure and
- 3 Train the trainers activities in Luxembourg: Module 1: EU Judicial cooperation in civil and commercial matters Module 2: EU Judicial cooperation in family matters Module 3: EU Judicial cooperation in criminal matters
- 1 Closing conference: Meeting of EU training providers in Brussels
- Project evaluation report including quality evaluation of all training activities and Impact and effectiveness evaluation of the train the trainers’ modules.
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.