Currently we have a vacancy for a:
Lecturer EU Law (F/M)
Based in Luxembourg
Vacancy Number: V0214
The main working areas will be general EU law, including EU constitutional law, EU fundamental freedoms, and EU judicial and law enforcement cooperation.
The main responsibilities will include training, consultancy and research, in the above-mentioned fields of expertise for customers such as the EU institutions, public administrations and the various branches of the legal professions of the EU Member States as well as in associate and candidate countries.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- lecturing and facilitating inter-active sessions in training activities in French and English;
- planning, management and delivery of established training activities and projects;
- development, marketing and acquisition of new training programmes and projects;
- development and delivery of new (online) training materials.
- acquisition, development, management and delivery of consultancy activities and projects.
- acquisition and delivery of research projects, publications and comparative studies related to EIPA’s mission.
The successful candidate(s) will meet all or most of the following requirements.
- University law degree;
- Master degree in European law;
- Advanced knowledge of the EU legal system in general, including in particular the institutional architecture of the EU, the EU legislative procedures and EU constitutional law;
- Good knowledge of the fundamental freedoms of the internal market (in particular free movement of goods and persons);
- Experience with and/or affinity for the field of EU judicial cooperation;
- Specialisation in the field of EU judicial cooperation on criminal matters will be considered an advantage;
- At least 4 years of professional experience in dealing with and/or delivering presentations on various EU law issues, e.g. at a law firm, the judiciary, public administration or an academic environment;
- Good training and lecturing skills;
- Fluency (oral and written) in French and English, a high level or fluency in a third EU language will be an advantage; and
- Be nationals of a Member State of the European Union, Norway, Iceland or Lichtenstein.
The offered grade will be in line with the requirements of the function and will also depend on the background and experience of the selected candidate. The successful candidate will be offered an unlimited contract (with an initial trial period of 6 to 12 months depending on grade).
by sending your CV, list of references and motivation letter in English by email via firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Ms. An Cazaerck by 29 January 2021 mentioning the vacancy number V214 as a reference.
In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by EIPA for recruitment purposes” so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application.
For practical information you can contact Ms. Christiane Lamesch on +352-426230302 or via email email@example.com.