Currently we have a vacancy for a:
Expert in Impact Assessment and Evaluation
located in Maastricht
Vacancy Number: V0216
EIPA wishes to reinforce its in-house capacity to provide services in the area of Better Regulation and Evidence-Based Policy-Making. This will include the further development and delivery of training courses on policy-making skills and knowledge; the ability to conduct impact assessments and evaluations in the framework of EU contracts; and the generation of expertise on methods and substance that can support new projects as well as contribute to knowledge in this field.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Increase the delivery of services within existing L&D and Consultancy FWCs with the
- Develop and deliver training courses on Better Regulation, impact assessment and evaluation.
- Build up an advanced and competitive training portfolio on Foresight, Evidence-Based Policy-Making, Data for Policy, etc. and promote it with clients.
- Engagement with consultancy service requests. Design and conduct impact assessments and evaluations, in particular in the areas of DG JUST, DG ECFIN, DG EMPL, DG
- Design methodologies and implement work in relation to policy and economic analysis.
- Contribute to EIPA business development and strategic growth:
- Provide expertise on substance and methodology for the drafting of tender proposals in the above mentioned areas.
- Drive EIPA tailored offerings for direct awards.
- Lead EIPA’s development as a European center of best practices and innovation in the area of Better Regulation, and establish a network of external specialists.
Education and languages
- advanced university degree in economics or econometrics or in mathematical economics.
- fluency in English (must). Working proficiency in other EU languages (advantageous).
- At least 8 years of proven experience in designing and providing impact assessment and evaluation services to the EU institutions.
- At least 5 years of experience in designing and delivering L&D services for adult audiences in the areas of EU Policy-Making and Better Regulation. Advantageous L&D services for EU and national public officials.
- Extensive consultancy experience for the EU public sector in economic and policy analysis.
- Advantageous- at least 5 years of experience in management of large-scale consultancy projects and in leading diverse data collection teams.
Knowledge and skills
- In-depth understanding and practical experience with the EU Policy Cycle and the EC Better Regulation Guidelines and Toolbox.
- Advanced understanding and experience with Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA), quantification and monetization, statistical sampling, LFA and other project management methodologies (like PM2).
- Ability to draft and deliver consultancy reports in EN.
Other soft skills
- team spirit
- proactivity and constructive approach to challenges
- service and goals oriented.
The offered grade will be in line with the requirements of the function and will also depend on the background and experience of the selected candidate. The successful candidate will initially be offered a one-year contract with the option for renewal and the possibility of a permanent contract.
Apply by sending your CV and motivation letter in English to Anna Koj at MAVENCE via Anna.Koj@mavence.com, mentioning the vacancy number V0216 as a reference.
In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by EIPA for recruitment purposes” so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application.
For more information you can contact Ms. Isane Aparicio via email firstname.lastname@example.org.