About this course
This online module focuses on how the success of the negotiations process is affected by personality, manner of communication and culture. It advises on how to better understand your own behaviour, as well as of your counterpart and explains how things like attitude, manner of communication and culture impact on the process of negotiations.
How will it help you?
- It will help to improve your communications skills
- You will be able to better identify the processes of interpersonal and intercultural communication
- You will better understand how to create a climate of trust and credibility
- You will learn how to analyse your own attitudes, reactions and preferences
- The module will help you draw up a list of behavioural parameters to be considered in multicultural, multilateral and bilateral communication and negotiation process
This is a basic module suitable for all public administration officials at all levels working in multicultural, multilateral and/or bilateral environments.
This module is stuctures in four blocks:
- How do we communicate? (10 min)
- Analysing information flows (15 min)
- Culture and Cultural challenges (15 min)
- Cross-cultural communication challenges (20 min)
In total, you will need ca 60 min to complete this module.