New technologies and a comprehensive vision of the services that the administration can and should provide to the people, following criteria of efficiency and effectiveness, allow a comprehensive and multichannel citizen assistance in the Province of Albacete. One of these channels is based on an innovative technique of communication and customised assistance, Telepresence. It is an interactive system that combines audio, video and human assistance in real time.
Telepresence is a technology developed by CISCO Systems. It is a simple and high-quality system, much more advanced than videoconference, which avoids unnecessary movements and saves unproductive time. It is a tool used more and more by the business sector. Through a simple connection between two or more points, Telepresence systems allows the establishment of a bidirectional or multidirectional, direct, fluid and flexible as well as secure communication, with surprising levels of quality. It allows seeing and listening to the other person as if they were only a few metres away, with a great quality of audio and video. In addition, not only is verbal and body communication maintained, but at the same time the image of the desktop can be shared with the speaker to monitor the use of the online procedures.
It is a combination of a traditional and a customised service, a necessity for our population, with an easy and intuitive use of new technologies. Unlike other models that are being implemented in other care services such as kiosks or ATMs, with this model, the citizen will be able to interact face to face with customer service advisors, share, sign and print documents and solve multiple administrative tasks as If they were in the physical office, with the advantage of being a centralised system, with no time or transfer costs and with minimum waiting times and greater productivity.
At the same time, customised assistance is guaranteed to the citizen in their localities every day of the week, instead of a few hours a week, as is currently working. Telepresence is a tool capable of maintaining the human and close contact that the citizen requires, creating an environment as real as possible, as if both parties are in the same room.
Thus, the main objectives of the project are:
- Create a centralised Telepresence Channel to meet the demands of the population related to electronic administration, management of claims, consultations, certificates, procedures, aids, etc.
- Enable Telepresence offices in the municipalities covered by the programme of Assisted Virtual Office by Telepresence.
- Create a database that supports the service.
- Develop a services charter offered by the Assisted Virtual Office.
- Sign the necessary agreements with other administrations and authorisations to extend both the services charter offered and the access to data and intermediation platforms.
- Launch a publicity campaign to publicise the new service offered.