European Public Management Unit
European integration and ongoing changes in the European arena have a significant impact on public administration in the Member States. At EIPA, the European Public Management Unit deals with the question of how these issues influence the public administrations in the European Union.
This EIPA Unit offers courses on topics such as change management, quality management and the Common Assessment Framework (CAF), human resources, coordination and implementation, customer satisfaction, private sector relations, leadership and e-Government.
The Unit also provides research and consultancy services on areas such as best practices.
The training activities in the European Public Management Unit revolve around a package
of regular seminar series:
- Change Management: discusses skills and competences and offers a portfolio of knowledge to address the role of leadership in managing change for public officials from all levels of public administration.
- Communication: highly practical and skills-focused communication training.
- Human Resources: exchange of good practices and experiences in the field of HR management.
- Equality and Non-Discrimination: presents the European Commission strategy on Non-Discrimination and compares the implementation's action in some of the Member States.
- Public Private Partnerships (PPP): regular seminars providing news of the latest legislative and other developments in PPP including practical experience in the process of
financing, planning, procuring and managing a PPP.
- Public Service Delivery: focuses on major trends and comparative methods of public services delivery
- Project Cycle Management (PCM): explains the PCM approach by focusing on theoretical and practical analysis of all project phases, including programming, identification, formulation, implementation, monitoring, reporting, evaluation and audit.
- Tools for National Implementation: focuses on specific political, legal and project managerial aspects of implementing EU law at the Member State level.
- eGovernment: focuses on the multiple aspects of eGovernment, such as the organisational management to maintain back-office and front-office coordination, and the move towards organisational culture of shared services through networking and the exchange of information.
These seminars are offered in different formats as open activities. They can also be tailored taking into account particular interests and needs of partners on a contract basis. Further details can be found on this site.